- school is out for the summer
- my hubby for buying me some clothes for vacation
- a little bit of free time to get caught up on laundry
- my sweet little boy who is growing up right before my eyes
- our vacation starts in less that a week (Outerbanks, here we come)
- finding out there is an outlet mall close to our vacation house
- a Saturday night at home date with Jimmy and A1 ... the shrimp tempura roll is my new favorite
- 50% off sales that allow me to get 2 new pairs of shoes for the price of 1 ... amazing
- coupons ... 20% off at Kohl's this past weekend led to a $40 discount
- So You Think You Can Dance is back on TV
Sunday, May 31, 2009
Saturday, May 30, 2009
Griffin's hair is crazy. It grows SO fast and within 3 weeks of a cut, he starts to look scraggly again. Since he turned 1 in August, we have been to Bang Busters once a month. Today our favorite girl, Ashley, hooked us up! I asked her to go a little shorter on top and then asked about spiking G's hair. It was SO cute and I had to share the pictures. This haircut made him look like a boy, not a baby ... my baby isn't a baby anymore!
Friday, May 29, 2009
Oh, the plans I have for this summer. BUT, I know (from past summer "experiences") that 90% of my plans will not be followed through. However, I am fine with that because as long as I can hang out with Griffin and Jimmy and spend a couple days at the pool, I will consider it a great summer!
As I transition from working mom to stay-at-home mom, I'm excited ... but I know it'll be a lot of hard work (some days I may even wish I was back at school :)! I'm sure that I will have A LOT to blog about! Enjoy!
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Anyways, I am SO excited for summer break ... the pool, the beach, the zoo, the Y, the sleep (hopefully), an the FUN! So, if you don't hear from me this weekend, I am probably sleeping ... oh wait ... Gymboree, haircut, and then sleep. Enjoy your Friday!
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
It's still a work in progress ... an outside paint job and some furnishings will make a nice fort for our little man.Memorial Day itself was fun! A lot of good food and fun time with family! Griffin was so tired that he went to bed by 5:30 and slept until 6:30 this morning ... awesome!!!
Monday, May 25, 2009
"Memorial Day" written by Michelle Keim
As we stand here looking
At the flags upon these graves
Know these flags represent
A few of the true American brave
They fought for their Country
As man has through all of time
Except that these soldiers lying here
Fought for your country and mine
As we all are gathered here
To pay them our respect
Let's pass this word to others
It's what they would expect
I'm sure that they would do it
If it were me or you
To show we did not die in vein
But for the red, white and blue.
Let's pass on to our children
And to those who never knew
What these soldiers died for
It's the least we can do
Let's not forget their families
Great pain they had to bear
Losing a son, father or husband
They need to know we still care
No matter which war was fought
On the day that they died
I stand here looking at these flags
Filled with American pride.
So as the bugler plays out Taps
With its sweet and eerie sound
Pray for these soldiers lying here
In this sacred, hallowed ground.
Take home with you a sense of pride
You were here Memorial Day.
Celebrating the way Americans should
On this solemnest of days.
Sunday, May 24, 2009
Saturday, May 23, 2009
- a husband who likes to (or at least he does it even if he doesn't like it) do outside work ... because I certainly do not like any of it.
- a sweet little boy who says "loves you" ... it's so cute!
- BEAUTIFUL weather ... flip flops, capri pants ... I love this time of the year!
- kind, understanding, sympathetic people who ignored my child's temper tantrums in public this week (and didn't look at me like I was the worst parent ever).
- a fun night out with friends.
- a last minute buzzer beater by LeBron ... go Cavs!
- my Dad who was a wonderful "baby-sitter" so Jimmy and I could go out.
- my Grandparents and Aunt who helped me out when my sitter went out of town Friday.
- that there are only 4 days of school left!
- that I only have students for 3 of those days!
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
(check out my new signature ... pretty awesome!)
Sunday, May 17, 2009
- a fun night out at A1 with Jimmy and the Huffman's.
- enjoying some good food and a lot of laughs.
- Ashley and Jesse for keeping Griffin overnight.
- SLEEPING IN until 8am ... it's the best gift you can give a parent.
- MawMaw and PawPaw for Griffin's new climber, which he absolutely loves to play on.
- watching my little boy's face when he got to play on his toys outside.
- knowing that there are only 9 days of school left.
- knowing that there are only 3 more days with the seniors.
- knowing that I am almost done with the grading overload that I have been experiencing lately.
- spending some great quality time with Jimmy and Griffin this week.
I hope you all have a great week and if my posting is sparse, just know that I am probably hidden under a large stack of papers. Enjoy!